Friday, May 19, 2006

I planted some tomatoes yesterday

The weather finally cooperated and I was able to put some tomatoes in the ground yesterday. We've had a stretch of very wet weather here in New England but the rain stopped long enough for me to plant about a dozen tomato plants.

I planted some Pixie, a few Sweet Baby Girl, some Marglobe, a couple of 4th of July, and some Better Boy. I also replaced the 4 cucumber plants that got drowned a couple of weeks ago when we had about 8 inches of rain in 24 hours.

And of course, now it's raining! But that's okay because it makes the soil around the plants settle. In the next couple of days I will plant some more seedlings and put tomato cages and fencing up. Sometimes the deer and groundhogs think my raised beds are the salad bar, so I have to keep them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home